Friday, February 25, 2011

I was told something

that I have known for a long time!! LOL Terry told me I am weird!!! LOL

You see, our washer went kibbutz the other day and so today we went to the club house to do some laundry! I was telling her how I, personally, would rather do the laundry at a laundromat or whatever. You can start the loads, 1, 2, 3. Take them out to dry, 1, 2, 3 and fold them or hang them as they come out, 1...2...3!! All done in just a couple hours rather than an all day affair!! And hey, you can hang out at the pool while you wait. Is that really cool or what?!!

But I said I really can't stop and think about everybody else using the washers and shoving their dirty laundry in them. I know they get washed, but the idea that dirty clothes go in there bothers me!!! LOL LOL
 
That's when she told me I was weird. Now really. Tell me something I don't already know!!!

Anyway that is the bit of insight into me tonight and all you are going to get!!!

Just in from walking/riding the dog time. Man. I love the night walk on Fridays and Saturdays. As you drive past the homes you can smell all the clean laundry. All the pretty detergents and fabric softeners everyone uses. It smells so good!! I know. Add that to the list of weird things about me.

I guess some of you wonder how that can be, because you haven't lived in Florida in a mobile home park. In that case, I need to explain that most people have their washer and dryer on their patios, outside utility rooms or carports because it gives more room inside and all that heat isn't inside that you have to cool.

So as you go by on the weekends you hear the washers and dryers running and the wonderful sweet smells of all the detergents and softeners. I happen to like it. It smells good and makes the area smell really homey!! Now. Are you convinced? Terry really does know me!! LOL (Weird!)

Well now. I do have a few more LO's to post. Let me see what they are.

This one you northerners ought to relate to. Golly. I am setting myself up here. This may also place me in the weird category! When I lived in Ohio I always HATED the snow after it got all schmucked up and dirty. I never really knew what to call it. Then one day I was watching Regis and Kelly and heard Kelly talk about this. Then she said the word. I fell in love with it and is my word for the year. From what I have heard it has been around for a while, but being slow and usually out of the loop I had never heard it. So I decided to make a LO about it. Here it is. Hope you like it!!
Bahahahaha!! It is call snirt!! Isn't that funny? A combination of snow and dirt!! Oh well. I liked it!! LOL Thanks to my Designer Digitals friend and photographer, sweet Anke,  that sent me this wonderful picture.

Oh, BTW. Just so you know what you can do with digital scrapping. In that picture, there was a bright red stop sign right between the two bushes and smack dab in the center of that white car. It really stuck out badly!! So. I did what they called cloning and made the stop sign disappear. It took about 10 minutes but so worth it!!

This is our son Brian when he was on the Mediterranean tour and went to Egypt. If you click the LO it should enlarge so you can read the journaling. It was a funny story.

And the last one is still in Egypt. At the pyramids.


That is about it for today. Working on another LO tonight but I am a slow go so it might be a couple days. Aw. At least I am having fun. That's what life is about.

So...HAVE FUN!!!





7 comments:

Kathi said...

SNIRT! I love the word - it's perfect. And so are your LOs. I especially like the Egypt one with the frames around the photos. Great job, Barb.

Terry said...

You may be weird but your still my buddy!! Love that newest Egypt LO. Oh---if you smell all the clean laundry over there while you are walking, what makes you think the washers at the laundromat would be icky???

Nancy said...

You were walking/riding the dog!!! Just teasing :) Love the layouts! I love the smell of laundry going too..LOL

Serene said...

Oh my! What a great word. All these years and only now I find out there's a word for that stuff? Geez! I love it!

Fabulous los, Barb. I love your "paper" choices and design. That must have been some trip.

Susan said...

LOL! I heard the word "snirt" the other day; and thought about how right on it was. Yucky stuff, for sure! And I second you on doing laundry at the laundry mat; my dream house has three washers and three dryers. :)

Melissa said...

Hah! We had to use the washer and dryer in our apartment complex for a few months when we first moved here. I hated using it thinking about all the dirty clothes that go in there.. LOL!

Love your layouts! The snirt is too funny but too true.

Anke said...

Love those pages Barb, especially the Egypt ones! The snirt is too cool, nice to have a name for the crap isn't it? Of course you don't have to look at it anymore!