Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where Would We Be

without cell phones??

Is the day of cameras gone?? LOL It seems everyone, but me, takes their pictures with their cell phones these days.

I can take pictures with mine, I just have no idea how to get them to my computer. So if my guru sees this, maybe she can clue me in. Like, do I need a special cord to plug in the computer, or what? See. I really am clueless on this one!!

The other day I was looking at Facebook and saw that Nancy had posted some pics of Siana and herself. I LOVED them. Wanting of course to scrap them I told her to send them to me. I should have known. She said well, just grab them because that is where I would have to get them. I took them with my cell phone!!

I had no idea she took them with her cell. They were great!! Why would I think she took them with her phone when she has, I think, about three wonderful digital cameras?? I wouldn't think that because I never use my cell to take pictures!! I would love one of those phones that does everything...but I really don't NEED one, and I sure don't need the cost, either!!! Too expensive to buy. Too expensive to run! Doesn't change the fact I would love one, though.

OOO. Just thought of something I just have to add. Why oh why do kids, and I mean kids, not older teens, need these super duper cell phones? More to the point, why a cell at all? Well, I guess I would want mine to have a cell, but I think I would opt for one that only calls home and 911. Just me, but I think it is totally unnecessary. I just thought of a whole other blog so I will let this idea rest.

My whole point of this blog is to show you the LO I did of those Facebook pictures. She posted them in black and white. I was glad because I think color would have not done these justice.

These are probably my favorite pictures of the two of them. I love, love, love them. So I decided to keep it absolutely simple and totally highlight the pictures. Hope you like them as much as I do.

Click for larger view

Don't you agree? Great pictures especially off a cell.
Gloria says they look like twins. I think she is right.
That's it for this post. Time to get the day underway. I smell food. I think Jim has breakfast about ready.

Ah! Life is beautiful. Enjoy the day no matter what is on your agenda.



Back later.


7 comments:

Terry said...

man you really found that mojo of yours. These are just great and the AVatar LO's are super!!!

Lisa Adair said...

Great LO Barb. You did keep it simple so as to highlight the pics and that is just perfect!
They really are great pics and surprising that they are from a phone.
My phone will take pics, but I've only ever used it to take a pic of something to send to DD, like of one of the doggies, never for pictures I want. Think I'm too attached to my camera and actually do not think of it. It just doesn't compute in my head... use phone to take pictures?? Just sounds wrong.
It's odd, but DD will be somewhere and I'll ask her, do you have your camera...she's like duh, I have my phone. I often wonder why I bought her a camera for Christmas last year!!

Melissa said...

Aww, what a sweet LO! Great pictures of them!

My phone doesn't take very good pictures, but I have scrapped pictures from it. Sometimes that's all I have! I sometimes forget to bring my camera or don't want to lug it out (not that it's heavy, lol). Maybe if I had one of those fancy-schmancy ones, I'd be attached like Lisa! :)

Serene said...

Oh Barb, I so know what you mean. When we first got ds a cell phone for emergencies, it was one of those cheapo ones and he hated it because his friends had the ones with all the bells and whistles. He was so bummed that he never carried it which only got him in trouble b/c I couldn't reach him after school. When dh and I upgraded ours, we gave him 1 of our old ones. It was light years ahead of what he had but he was still bummed b/c it was what he considered ancient. Our response, too bad. When you earn some money, you can pay to upgrade your phone.

My phone takes pics too but I don't use it for that purpose. I carry a camera with me everywhere.

Anke said...

I totally agree with you cell phone assertions! Michael didn't get one yet... bad enough that the girls are on theirs all the time LOL
I love the page you did with those photos and the avatar pages are awesome! You are on a roll lady, retirement must be growing on you!

Little Ole Me said...

Sorry I missed this post the other day....not sure how that happened. I really love the photos too! And you did an awesome job on the layout :)

Gloria said...

My phone will take pictures, but not very good ones. And like you, Barb, I don't have a clue as to how to get them to my laptop. As a matter of fact, I just found out yesterday that I can put my digital camera's memory stick in my laptop to transfer pictures!! For this past year I was getting out the cord and plugging it into the camera and laptop!! LOL Guess I shouldn't have admitted that to the world, huh?! Another great LO! They are both so pretty!