Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Has It Been That Long??

Golly! Has it really been over a week since I blogged? I can't believe it!! Didn't mean to get sidetracked.

Have had a nice but brisk day here at work today but got everything done and now it is time to play!! Yeah!!! 

I don't look for a lot to go on the rest of the week. Joe's father passed on the 14th of this month and the funeral is tomorrow. So most everyone...well, everyone but me, is going to the funeral. It is hard to believe that it took till the 29th before they could get a time at the military cemetery to have the burial. I had no idea they were that busy there.

Then he will go to Michigan on the 15th of April for a memorial. That is a long time not to have closure. I feel badly for him. His mother died about a year and a half ago.

Melissa sent a blogger's award to me. Thanks Melissa. Now I have to do what I am supposed to do with it and send it on its way to others who brighten my day with their blogs!! I need to get on that!!

I have done two new LO's since Sunday. I got the mojo flowing and it does feel good!! So I don't want to stop its flow!!!

I met one of my Designer Digital friends Saturday in Tampa and we had a blast!! It is so much fun to meet the people in person that you have gotten to know over the years. It is great to put a real live face and voice with them!! And it is so cool that when you meet it is like you have known each other for years...which you really have! So I am documenting that meeting. I still have one more to do and then back to doing heritage.

Hope you enjoy the LO's. Some have seen them already on Memory Makers forum and Designer Digital's gallery. 

After seeing my wonderful wrinkles in this pic I felt like running it through Photoshop!! That thing is wonderful!! But I decided against it. First of all, how would I explain all those wrinkles to the next friend I met in person!!! But I created another LO just to make me laugh at them!!
I don't know if I like this new blogger or not. I think I just have to get used to the way it works. Just a little different than I am used to. Gosh. I hate to end a sentence with a preposition...but what's a girl to do when it sound wrong any other way??? OK. I guess I could have said...Just a little different that I am used to working with...Nope that won't work either. Ahah. Just a little different than I am used to using. I think that is OK. If not...move on and forget it!!

Gotta run. We are closed and things are still open. Finally. I am getting ready to go home as soon as DH is here...and that should be momentarily!! Have a great night.

Came back to add one more thing. If you want to see the credits for any of my LO's go to my Designer Digitals gallery with the link to the right. I am tired of listing these credits everywhere. I think also, there will be a bigger view, but you should be able to click on the pic here and enlarge it. I haven't tried it since the upgrade. OK. I'm out of here!!

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Happy Tuesday, Barb! Since you are near one of the vaca hotspots, I too hope to meet you one day. Both of your LOs are fabulous. Love your humor!

Yes, avoiding the ending preposition is indeed difficult. We speak that way so easily. It should be ok to do so in writing as well!

Terry said...

don't send that blog thing to me. don't like them. So glad you got to meet Lynnie--love the LO's

Melissa said...

I love both of these LOs Barb! Really like how you took the same photo and made two completely different looking LOs out of it.

You know, I tend to do that a lot, especially when writing my blog posts. I always try and edit my sentence to avoid it, but usually it just sounds so unnatural and I leave it alone!

Serene said...

Barb, I love these los. You have such a knack of mixing fonts. I love how you do that. I really like how you made the pic in the first lo reach the edges of the lo.