Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What A Wonderful Thing!

I have been meaning to blog since Sunday but here it it Tuesday already. Been busy!

Went to the beach Sunday. The first we have been there in a very long time. It was beautiful. Made us really tired, though...watching the wave and being in the sun and having a peaceful time together. What a blessing it was.


This is a little dark but oh well, it looked OK before I uploaded. It is still pretty. I love the turtles on the tops of the spray stations!!!

Oh, here is a LO I did. I hate it but it was an experiment. Won't be doing another one like it but it was fun. It gave me a chance to play around and have some fun!!


I have to tell you what happened Saturday. It was so wonderful.

We stopped to get a lottery auto lotto at the convenient store. We had to park a ways down from the place so I couldn't see the door.

When Jim came out...he said there had been a lady in front of him that bought some lottery tickets and a foot long sub and a coke. After she bought her stuff she turned to Jim and said, "Would you give this to that man out there for me?" There was what most would call a "bum" outside the door, however he was very not one that looked like a druggie or anything. Jim told her of course.

The clerk said, "That is a very nice thing you did. The answer the lady gave the clerk was..."We are all down on out luck once in a while."

Jim took the sandwich and coke out to the man. The man said, "Oh my! How nice!! Which lady was it?" Jim pointed to the lady pulling out into the street. He said, "Thank you."

As we were pulling out...the man was sitting in the shade next to the dumpster...eating his sandwich and drinking his coke. He looked peaceful.

I wonder what he was thinking? I wonder what the kind lady was thinking.

What she did touched a lot of people. A simple act of kindness yet an impact of which we will never know.

That made my day. What a wonderful thing. I still see that man eating that sandwich. God bless that lady!!!


3 comments:

Little Ole Me said...

I needed to hear that today. That is awesome and I wish there were more people like her in the world.

I don't know why you don't like that layout. I do!

Terry said...

love the photo of the beach---so different than what is in Corpus.

Wonderful thing that lady did. Think about it the next time you gripe about the tip Jim leaves. :)

the LO--I like it! Not your usual style but I think it is great. What's not to like about it.

Barb said...

Aw...the tip I will still gripe about! I would rather he feed someone who doesn't have any food that day!